New Cover Home Order
The HAB Theory  
Editor's Notes  Book Excerpts 1 Book Excerpts 2 Science In
The HAB Theory
Expanded
Discussion by
Gersholm Gale
The core of The HAB Theory Equatorial Bulge Displacement. Result and Aftermath. What's happening in Antarctica today. Previous Poles Shifts of the Magnetic Pole Advanced Human Civilizations in the long distant past? Historical Origin of Fruits and Vegetables Records of Past Civilizations in Ancient Egypt Records of Past Civilizations in China Records of Past Civilizations in Ecuador An Explanation for the Otherwise Inexplicable The Antikythera
Computer
Online Reviews More Books by
Allan W. Eckert
A Letter from
Allan W. Eckert
Allan W. Eckert
Home Page
Cataclysm's Of
The Earth
by Hugh A. Brown
Read It All Online

Paperback Cover
Expanded Discussion of The HAB Theory
Gershom Gale gershon1@netvision.net.il
It is an acknowledged fact among historians that the authentic and accurate history of man did not begin until between approximately 7,000 and 7,500 years ago. Actual historical records go back only as far as the earliest known civilizations, such as those of Egypt, Peru, Babylonia, India, Central America, Sumeria and Assyria. Yet that 7,500-year period represents considerably less than 1% of the time that man has been known, through fossil remains, to have existed on Earth. What of the remaining 99% of the time?

According to the HAB theory, there have been many occassions in the past during which the time between capsisings allowed human civilizations to develop, only to be wiped out again as the Earth tilted. In our present era, virtually all cultures, from the most primitive to the most civilized, have in the dim reaches of their history the record or legend of a great flood. In the Bible it is the story of Noah. In the Oriental book The Ten Stems of China there are texts about it. In Eros, the 12 clay tablets inscribed in Sumerian cuneiform contain the Epic of Gilgamesh, which recounts the journeying of Enkidu, a sort of counterpart of Noah. In Greek mythology, Deucation and his wife, Pyrrha, are the only survivors of a great flood visited on the Earth by the great god Zeus. The ancient Brahmans, Chat Deans, Hindus and Babylonians have their own records or legends about similar great floods from which only a handful of individuals escaped with their lives. Similar legends are found among the Indians of the Americas and among the aboriginal tribes of Australia, Borneo, Sumatra, Africa and Southeast Asia.

Generally, we moderns have looked upon these stories as being apocryphal, but perhaps we have been wrong. And while the support they provide cannot yet be considered proof, they do provide interesting and sometimes rather awesome corroboration to the theory of a recurrently capsizing Earth.

In Iraq, for example, near the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, is the site of the ancient Chaldean city of Ur. Evidence exposed by archaeologists digging through layer after layer to a depth of 50 feet proved that over 130 dynasties existed there. Then, at just over 50 feet, they encountered an thick layer of clay. Beneath that layer were discovered the remains of another 10 dynasties, but the artifacts recovered from these lower layers bore little resemblance to those discovered in the layers above. Pottery below the clay was beautifully and skillfully painted, but that above the clay was not. Copper artifacts were common in the layers above the clay, but absent in those below.

The archaeologists are unanimous in concluding that the layer of clay must be the residue of a great flood which buried the city under a blanket of silt. For the silt to accumulate and turn into clay took a great while and, though scientists are still not agreed to the exact amount of time involved, the general consensus is that the upper layers were all deposited within the past 7,500 years.

The ancient Greek Solon, according to Plato, was told by Egyptian priests in 600 BC that 9,000 years previously, Egypt had been invaded by great armies from the powerful island empire of Atlantis, and that afterward Atlantis was covered by the ocean in a great deluge. The existence of such a place as Atlantis has long been held as a myth, but in view of the accumulation of evidence, perhaps there is more veracity to the story than heretofore believed.

  • [A note on scientific discoveries that may not have been known to HAB or Allan W. Eckert at the time the book was written: There are places in Antarctica that are totally arid, with no evidence of any precipitation at all in hundreds of years. There are also great dry valleys in Antarctica, wide enough for a small airplane to do a leisurely turn within it's width, which show clear evidence of the passing of a glacier; the smooth contours of the bowl, the scraping lines on the floor of the valley, and boulders scattered in a neat but random pattern all throughout the floor of the valley.]<